Kris King focuses on civil litigation in all state and federal courts across Oklahoma. He has tried 14 automotive and premises liability cases to jury verdict in his 10 years of private practice. He is also skilled in all types of alternative dispute resolution.
Motor vehicle accidents represent a significant portion of Mr. King’s practice, and he often defends auto carriers in uninsured motorist, property damage, bad faith, coverage, and wrongful death claims. His experience in bodily injury claims includes catastrophic injuries such as traumatic brain injury and accident-related surgical procedures on the spine, shoulder, knee, and most joints.
Trucking accidents involving death and serious injury are handled to settlement by Mr. King, with a goal of avoiding excessive damage awards.
Premises liability cases from the simple to the complex are defended by Mr. King. He handles dog bite cases, including a pit bull case where the plaintiff demanded $350,000 but the jury returned a verdict of $8,500. In one unusual case, he defended a party in a matter where a buffalo gored a young child. He routinely defends one Oklahoma-based chain of convenience stores against all premises claims.
Agriculture is an important industry in Oklahoma, and Mr. King defends growers and distributors in matters involving corn crops damaged by the aflatoxin fungus, tainted cattle feed products, and complex cases involving fires in cotton storage facilities.
Mr. King is experienced in construction litigation resulting from the building and renovation of both commercial and residential properties. In one large project involving a football stadium, he defended the contractors against allegations of design defects in plumbing and roofing materials. He also handles construction accidents, such as falls from a ladder or injuries due to construction vehicles.
In the oil and gas arena, Mr. King defends oil field accident cases and oil refinery explosions. Product liability cases for consumer goods and other product types are handled by Mr. King.
Mr. King started his career working for State Farm Insurance as an auto claim representative after graduating from college in 1994. He continued working full-time while attending law school at night. His State Farm career lasted for 16 years as an auto claim representative and as an attorney managing bad faith litigation until he left for private practice in 2010. Building strong client relationships has been a hallmark of Mr. King’s career.
• Oklahoma Bar Association, Insurance Law Section
• Tulsa County Bar Association
• J.D., University of Tulsa College of Law, 1999
• B.S., Business Management, Oklahoma State University, 1994
• Oklahoma, 2000
• U.S. District Courts for the Districts of Oklahoma, 2000
Case List for Kris King
1. Defended a homeowner in a lawsuit filed by an individual who was attacked by the clients two pit bulls in the backyard of the client. At trial the Plaintiff asked for $350,000.00. The jury returned a verdict of $8,495.00 and placed 49% contributory negligence on the Plaintiff.
2. Defended an individual who struck a pedestrian on a busy roadway crossing the intersection at a crosswalk at dark. The Plaintiff claimed traumatic brain injury and medical expenses in excess of $100,000.00. Was able to obtain a Defendant’s verdict for client.
3. Defended an individual in a highway accident in which the Plaintiff was claiming approximately $25,000.00 in incurred medical expenses, and a future lumbar surgery. At trial Plaintiff’s counsel asked for in excess of $100,000.00 and the jury returned a verdict of $5,000.00.
About Starr, Begin, & King.
Our boutique litigation firm is dedicated to the practice of law and to developing lasting relationships with those we have the privilege to represent. With determination to achieve the best possible result, STARR BEGIN & KING PLLC focuses on keeping our clients, whether individuals or multinational corporations, informed and connected. STARR, BEGIN & KING PLLC is proud to represent our clients and honored by their repeat business.