Jon Starr has tried more 120 cases to jury verdict in Oklahoma. He maintains a civil litigation practice, with a focus on claims involving auto negligence, personal injury defense, business disputes, construction, employment practices, bad faith, medical malpractice, product liability, and professional negligence.
Mr. Starr has made oral argument before the the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit and also works as a mediator and arbitrator with Dispute Resolution Institute (DRC).
He is an accomplished writer and speaker on insurance defense topics, and has served as president of the Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel.
“Your One Degree” Ministry, Board member and Volunteer Life Coach
Honors and Awards
• AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
• Selected to Super Lawyers: 2006–2021, 2022
• American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Diplomate
• Lifetime Achievement designation by America’s Top 100 Lawyer
Speaking and Publications
• “Attorney Lien Claimed: Is It Worth the Paper It Is Written on?” Oklahoma Bar Journal
• “Some Major Points about Minor’s Claims, ”Oklahoma Bar Journal
• “Overview of Oklahoma Automobile Insurance Law,” Oklahoma Bar Journal
• Oklahoma Bar Association, Past Chair of the Insurance Section
• Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel, Past President and Board Member
• Defense Research Institute (DRI), Past Oklahoma Representative
• International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC), Faculty Member, Trial Academy
at Stanford University, 2012
• RAILMEN Institute, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, Chief Executive Officer
• Plumbline Ministries, a Christian counseling ministry, Board Member
• Church on The Move, Member
• “Your One Degree” Ministry, Volunteer Life Coach
• IADC Trial Academy, 1993
• J.D., with distinction, University of Oklahoma College of Law, 1991
- Served as Class President
• B.S., International Public Administration and Public Affairs, Oklahoma State University, • 1986 -- President, Student Government Association
• Oklahoma, 1991
• Kansas, 2018
• U.S. District Courts for the Districts of Oklahoma, 1991
• U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 1991
Case List for Jon Starr
1. Defense jury verdict for motorcycle dealership. Mr. Starr, on behalf of local Harley Davidson dealership defended lawsuit filed by an adjacent homeowner initially seeking $18 million in damages related to nuisance, noise pollution, constructive eviction of their property, and intentional infliction of emotional distress, which Plaintiffs claimed permanent physical hearing loss, emotional damages, loss of value of their house, and punitive damages. Mr. Starr was successful in representing the dealership in a jury trial and obtained a unanimous defense verdict for the dealership.
2. Favorable jury verdict for road construction general contractor on an indemnity claim. Mr. Starr, on behalf of the general contractor for a highway construction company, was successful in pursuing an indemnification claim against a signage subcontractor, who had failed to provide indemnity and defense pursuant to the construction contract with the general contractor related to a wrongful death claim due to alleged defective signing on the project. Mr. Starr was successful in obtaining a verdict for the attorney’s fees extended in defense of the general contractor on the wrongful death suit.
3. Defense jury verdict in a products liability case related to high speed overhead door. Mr. Starr, on behalf of the contractor who installed and maintained a high speed overhead door, was successful in defending the products liability claim related to alleged product defects in the overhead high speed door, from which Plaintiff claimed permanent injuries related to both a neck and low back surgery from being hit on the head during the operation of the door.
4. Favorable jury verdict for trucking company. Mr. Starr prosecuted a property damage claim to a jury verdict on behalf of an over-the-road trucking company, which sustained damage when it encountered and hit several cows in the roadway, which had escaped the cattle owner’s pasture.
About Starr, Begin, & King.
Our boutique litigation firm is dedicated to the practice of law and to developing lasting relationships with those we have the privilege to represent. With determination to achieve the best possible result, STARR BEGIN & KING PLLC focuses on keeping our clients, whether individuals or multinational corporations, informed and connected. STARR, BEGIN & KING PLLC is proud to represent our clients and honored by their repeat business.