Eric Begin is a native Oklahoman and trial attorney who has been practicing law in all Oklahoma state and federal courts since 1994. He has tried more than 40 cases to jury verdict, and over 100 bench trials across the state.
His civil litigation practice includes transportation, professional liability, product liability, premises liability, construction, employment, commercial, governmental, subrogation, and first and third party insurance litigation.
Mr. Begin defends local, regional, national, and international clients in all litigation and alternative dispute resolution settings. He also represents individual and organizational clients before regulatory and administrative agencies.
He has taught continuing education programs to claims professionals, attorneys, and judges on a variety of subjects.
Honors and Awards
• AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
• Selected to Super Lawyers: 2013 – 2015, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Rising Star, 2009
• American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Associate
• Oklahoma Bar Association, Civil Procedure Committee, Member, 2009–Present
• Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel, Past Board Member, Past President, 2018
• Defense Research Institute (DRI), Member
• Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
• Tulsa County Bar Association
• National Alumni Board, Oklahoma Christian University, Past Member
• Volunteer/Committee member for several local non-profit organizations
• IADC Trial Academy, 2000
• J.D., Oklahoma City University School of Law, 1994
• B.S., Business Administration, Oklahoma Christian University, 1991
• Oklahoma, 1994
• U.S. District Courts for the Districts of Oklahoma, 1994
• U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 2011
Case List for Eric Begin
1. Served as lead counsel for Estate of deceased driver in admitted liability auto negligence case where Plaintiff alleged need for spine surgery resulted in defense verdict.
2. Served as trial co-counsel for Emergency Room Physician Defendant in Federal Court medical malpractice/EMTALA case alleging wrongful death of 25 year old resulted in defense verdict.
3. Served as lead counsel for Workers’ Compensation Insurer seeking subrogation against Estate of deceased employee that had received, and was eligible for future workers’ compensation death benefits, in third party wrongful death action arising out of oilfield explosion. Claim was settled, significantly reducing client’s future exposure.
4. Served as lead counsel for named Auto Insurer Defendant in jury trial resulting in defense verdict where Plaintiff alleged entitlement to uninsured/underinsured motorist benefits.
5. Served as lead counsel for corporate shopping mall tenant Defendant in two lawsuits by Mall Owner alleging breach of mall leases resulting in approximately $2 million dollars in alleged damages where favorable settlement was achieved for client.
6. Served as lead counsel for teenage driver Defendant at jury trial in admitted liability auto negligence case where Plaintiff alleged seven figures in damages related to two neck surgeries and permanent employment disability. Resulted in defense verdict.
About Starr, Begin, & King.
Our boutique litigation firm is dedicated to the practice of law and to developing lasting relationships with those we have the privilege to represent. With determination to achieve the best possible result, STARR BEGIN & KING PLLC focuses on keeping our clients, whether individuals or multinational corporations, informed and connected. STARR, BEGIN & KING PLLC is proud to represent our clients and honored by their repeat business.